Dental Implants – Rockwall, TX
Renew Your Smile For Life
Dental implants go a step beyond traditional bridges and dentures by replacing an entire tooth from root to crown, creating a prosthetic that is the next best thing to nature when it comes to aesthetics, security, and durability. Whether you’re missing a single tooth or require a full denture, Dr. Spillman and Dr. Ryan can use this state-of-the-art treatment to help you look and feel like your teeth never went missing in the first place. Your smile’s best days are ahead of you—contact us today to schedule a consultation to discuss replacing missing teeth with dental implants in Rockwall, TX.
Why Choose Spillman Family Dental of Rockwall for Dental Implants?
- Entire Dental Implant Procedure Completed In-House
- Countless Successful Cases
- 100% Custom-Made Restorations
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant isn’t a replacement tooth, but rather a prosthetic root that is placed into the jawbone. Typically made of titanium because of its strength and biocompatibility, implants actually bond with the surrounding bone through a process called osseointegration, helping them provide a firm foundation for a crown, bridge, or denture that is attached on top. The two are connected using a metal abutment, allowing all the separate parts to function as a single, reliable tooth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Stability: Whenever you take a bite of food or speak, you don’t have to worry about dental implants moving out of place. They are secured within the jawbone just like your real teeth, making them rock-solid.
- Natural Appearance: Implanted teeth are designed to resemble natural ones in every way you can imagine, and they are always topped with porcelain restorations so they blend seamlessly into any smile. This helps them bring back a patient’s oral health and confidence at the same time.
- Designed to Last: While regular bridges and dentures typically last about 7-10 years at most, dental implants have an impressive 30+ year lifespan, and many have been shown to endure for much longer.
Are Dental Implants Right For You?
If you have missing teeth, then dental implants can definitely offer you a solution. All you need to bring to the table are gums and a jawbone healthy enough to support the new roots, and if either of these are an issue, we can help you overcome it. From there, we can help you choose which type of implant procedure best fits your situation.
Missing Single Tooth
Instead of using two healthy teeth to replace one, which is the case with a bridge, we can instead position an implant topped by a crown within the smile that doesn’t rely on someone’s remaining dental structure for support. The crown itself will be custom shaded to match the rest of the smile.
Missing Multiple Teeth
A small number of implants can be used to replace several teeth at once, whether they are located consecutively or throughout a dental arch. One to two implants can hold a bridge or partial denture to the jawbone that is much stronger and more durable compared to a removable prosthetic.
Missing All Teeth
Tired of your denture moving all the time? We can give you a set of teeth you never have to worry about with just four to six implants, which can attach a full denture to the jawbone and ensure it always stays in place. Implant dentures have been shown to restore much more of someone’s bite strength compared to traditional ones, allowing them to enjoy a more varied and nutritious diet.
The team at Spillman Family Dental of Rockwall is dedicated to perpetually improving ourselves through continuing education, which is why we’re able to handle the entire implant procedure ourselves, including the surgical placement of the roots and attaching them to someone’s new teeth. This all-in-one approach saves patients a tremendous amount of time versus running between different dental offices, plus you’ll enjoy the peace of mind of working with the same trusted dentist and team throughout your entire implant journey.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Because dental implants are so versatile and can help patients dealing with any degree of tooth loss, each procedure has to be unique, so the cost is as well. Factors such as how many teeth are being replaced, where they are located in the mouth, and any treatments that need to be completed before placement (like gum disease therapy) will all influence the final price. However, thanks to their longevity and other numerous benefits, dental implants are widely considered one of the best investments in all of dentistry. They help patients save thousands in the long run compared to removable bridges and dentures because they don’t have to replace their new teeth nearly as often. Read on as we discuss some of the factors that determine the cost of dental implants in Rockwall
Preliminary Treatments & Dental Implant Surgery
Before we begin to rebuild your smile, we need to make sure you’re a good candidate for dental implants. Many patients need to complete preliminary treatments like gum disease therapy, tooth extractions, or bone grafting before moving forward with dental implants. While these procedures will add to the length and cost of your treatment, they’re vital for maximizing the success of your new smile.
Then, the surgical placement of your dental implants will incur its own cost. The price of dental implant surgery will depend on factors like where in the mouth your implants are being placed and what type of sedation or anesthesia you’d like. Since we conveniently perform the entire treatment process right here in our Rockwall office, you’ll save time and money instead of visiting an unfamiliar specialist.
The Parts of Your Dental Implant
Aside from the process itself, your dental implants themselves will influence the cost of your treatment. When preparing your estimate, we’ll consider several important factors, such as:
- Number of dental implants: Replacing a single missing tooth with one dental implant will naturally cost less than replacing several missing teeth with two or three dental implants. However, keep in mind that replacing an entire arch of missing teeth with an implant denture will likely be much more cost effective than it would be with individual crowns or several bridges.
- Type of restoration needed: Dental implants can be topped with a variety of restorations that will influence the end cost. For example, a custom-made crown will cost less than a full denture.
- Materials used: Typically, dental implants and their restoration are made of titanium and dental porcelain, but other materials such as zirconia, acrylic, and more could be used as well. What your new smile is crafted of will influence the overall price.
- The manufacturer or brand: There are several different companies that make dental implants. Some make their dental implants in different sizes or shapes to help improve success rates for different situations, such as low jawbone density or metal allergies. We’ll be more than happy to discuss with you the specific details of your dental implants and where they come from during your treatment.
How Dental Implants Can Save You Money
It’s true that dental implants typically have a much higher initial cost than that of other tooth replacement options like dentures and dental bridges. However, they can easily become the more cost-effective solution in the long run! Dentures and dental bridges need to be replaced every several years. Combining this with the cost of occasional repairs and readjustments, these restorations can become quite costly over the years. On the other hand, the one-time cost of dental implants can give you a strong, healthy smile that lasts a lifetime and saves you thousands of dollars.
Does My Dental Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
Every insurance policy is different, but most don’t cover the entire cost of dental implants. However, they usually cover select parts of the treatment, such as a percentage of the final restoration or a portion of any necessary preliminary procedures. Our talented team has years of experience navigating insurance benefits and helping our patients minimize their out-of-pocket expenses, and they’ll be happy to review the details of your policy during your consultation.
Making Dental Implants Affordable
At Spillman Family Dental of Rockwall, we don’t want anything to stand between our patients and the strong, healthy smiles they deserve. That’s why in addition to dental insurance, we’re happy to accept financing through CareCredit. This third-party company offers low- to no-interest payment plans that can break up the cost of your dental implants into smaller amounts that fit into your monthly budget. You can apply for CareCredit here or give us a call and we’ll be happy to walk you through the process.
I Need a Dental Checkup & Cleaning I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Improve My Smile I am Anxious/Afraid of the Dentist I Want Straighter Teeth I am Worried About Bleeding Gums I am Concerned About Sleep Apnea I am in Pain & Need Help View Our Services