Invisalign – Rockwall, TX
A Metal-Free Way to Straighten Your Smile!
When it comes to methods of straightening your teeth without traditional braces, Invisalign is the brand that most likely pops into your head. It’s a wonderful choice for teens and adults alike who want to achieve perfectly aligned teeth without wearing noticeable and restrictive metal braces. Invisalign uses a series of clear plastic aligners to help discreetly shift your pearly whites toward their ideal position. By the end of treatment, you’ll have a dazzlingly straight smile! To learn more about Invisalign and whether it’s right for you, contact Spillman Family Dental of Rockwall today.
Why Choose Spillman Family Dental of Rockwall for Invisalign?
- Virtually Invisalign Orthodontic Solution
- Friendly Team with Decades of Experience
- Suitable for Teens and Adults Alike
How Invisalign Works
After Dr. Spillman has determined that Invisalign is the right solution for you, we take impressions of your teeth and use them to plan your customized treatment. A series of trays will be crafted from your impressions, each one designed to shift a tiny portion of your smile until the entire thing is perfectly aligned.
You’ll need to wear each set of aligners for at least 20-22 hours a day for about two weeks at a time. Then, you’ll switch to a new set in the series. Essentially, you’ll only remove the aligners to eat, drink, and clean your teeth. As such, it may help to set a reminder after you’re done with a meal or snack to place your aligners back in so that you can finish your treatment in a timely manner. On average, it takes 12-18 months to finish Invisalign treatment, which is a fraction of the time it takes for traditional braces.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign can address a number of common orthodontic problems, including:
- Bite alignment issues. An overbite, underbite, or crossbite can make it harder to chew, place uneven pressure on your jaw joint, or accelerate wear and tear of your enamel.
- Gapped teeth. Not only do spaces stand out in your smile, but food can get trapped in there and attract bacteria that contribute to cavities and gum disease.
- Crowded teeth. Having inadequate room in your mouth for all your teeth can cause some of them to overlap, making them more difficult to clean, resulting in a slew of oral health problems.
Benefits of Invisalign
Some of the numerous benefits of Invisalign when compared to braces include:
- Less time in the dental chair. While you’ll still need to visit the dentist every six to eight weeks, these appointments are much shorter since you won’t have to get braces adjusted. Instead, we’ll simply check your progress and hand you the next few sets of aligners.
- Superior aesthetics. Unless someone knows what they’re looking for or they’re standing very close to you, no one should notice you’re wearing the aligners.
- Increased comfort. There are no metal brackets and wires to irritate your soft tissues. Invisalign’s smooth plastic trays were designed with your comfort in mind.
- Eat what you want. Because the aligners are removable, they don’t limit your diet like braces do.
Understanding the Cost of Invisalign
No two mouths are the exact same, and as a result, neither are the costs of any two Invisalign treatments. Your final cost could be influenced by a multitude of factors, such as your age and your dedication to consistently wearing your aligners. While we offer a FREE consultation for Invisalign, it’s worth noting that your dental insurance might not cover the full cost of treatment. To get the most out of your insurance benefits, contact us today and we can go over your unique plan together.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Invisalign
The cost of an Invisalign treatment can vary greatly from patient to patient because of several factors, such as:
- Complexity of treatment: Straightening just one row of teeth will be less expensive than treating both rows. Similarly, closing a single gap between the front two teeth will cost less than addressing severe crowding.
- Length of treatment: The Invisalign process involves a series of aligners. The longer a treatment is, the more aligners will be needed, which will naturally increase the cost.
- Patient compliance: The freedoms that Invisalign offers come with a lot of responsibility. Failing to follow our instructions during your treatment can influence your progress and thus add more time and money to the overall price of your Invisalign treatment.
Invisalign VS Smile Direct Club™: Which Costs More?
Mail-in aligner services like the Smile Direct Club offer temptingly lower prices when compared to Invisalign. However, cheaper is not always a good deal, especially when it comes to your smile! These “do-it-yourself orthodontics” kits offer little to no oversight from a trained professional. This means plenty can go wrong, from the initial impressions to incorrectly fitting aligners, which can cause serious issues that need to be treated by a professional anyway.
Meanwhile, when you choose Invisalign at Spillman Family Dental of Rockwall, you can rest easy knowing your smile is in good hands. Our talented team will be with you every step of the way on your journey towards a straighter smile to ensure everything goes as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
Does Dental Insurance Cover Invisalign?
Not all dental insurance plans cover orthodontic treatment, and even among those who do, Invisalign is not always included. To see if your policy covers Invisalign and by how much, you’ll need to contact them. Alternatively, we’ll be happy to go over the details of your plan with you to get a better idea of your benefits and ensure your out-of-pocket expenses are as low as possible.
Options for Making Invisalign Affordable
If you don’t have dental insurance or your plan doesn’t offer coverage for Invisalign, we’re pleased to accept financing options through CareCredit. This third-party company offers payment plans with low- to no-interest rates. With their help, you can break up the cost of Invisalign into smaller, more manageable payments that fit into your monthly budget.
Are you ready to get the straighter smile you deserve? Give us a call today to schedule your consultation and discover just how affordable Invisalign can be.
Are you ready to straighten your smile with Invisalign in Rockwall? It’s natural to have a few questions before starting this state-of-the-art orthodontic treatment. For your convenience, we’ve gathered some of the most common questions we get about life with Invisalign. If you don’t see the information you’re looking for below, give us a call and we’ll be more than happy to help!
Will Wearing Invisalign Aligners Hurt?
One of the main factors that makes wearing traditional metal braces so uncomfortable is the sharp wires and brackets that rasp against your tongue, lips, and inside of your cheeks. On the other hand, Invisalign aligners are crafted from a single piece of smooth, biocompatible plastic. Their design allows them to comfortably glide over your soft tissues instead of irritate them.
However, you may feel some soreness when first wearing a new set of aligners. Thankfully, patients report that the discomfort is mild and subsides on its own relatively quickly. If you like, you can also alleviate your symptoms by taking over-the-counter pain relievers as directed or applying an ice pack to your mouth. You may want to consider starting a new set of aligners right before going to bed to sleep through any initial discomfort.
Will Invisalign Change How I Talk?
When you first begin your Invisalign treatment, it may sound like you have a slight lisp. Certain sounds are made by placing your tongue against the back of your teeth, which is where your aligners will be when you wear them. Your tongue will typically need about a week or so to adapt. You can help speed up the process by speaking aloud and repeating words like “sixty” or “Mississippi.” After a little bit of practice, you’ll be back to your normal speaking patterns in no time!
What Happens If I Don’t Wear My Aligners Often Enough Each Day?
While the removable nature of Invisalign aligners means that you can enjoy much more freedom than you could with traditional braces, it also gives you more responsibility. It’s up to you to remove them before eating or drinking anything that isn’t water, remember to put them back in after taking them out, and keep them somewhere safe. If you don’t wear your aligners often enough, your teeth will begin to shift back out of place. Not only will this make your aligners uncomfortable to wear, but it will extend the time and cost of your treatment. Once you form a habit of wearing them for 20-22 hours a day, it should feel like second nature!
Can I Get Invisalign If I’ve Had Metal Braces in the Past?
Many people who get traditional braces in childhood find that their teeth shift out of place again years later, especially if they neglect to wear their retainer regularly. Thankfully, if this sounds familiar, Invisalign clear braces can almost always help. Your dentist will carefully inspect your smile during your consultation to ensure that Invisalign is the best way for you to achieve your desired results.
Invisalign offers a comfortable, discreet, and metal-free way to straighten your smile! To schedule your consultation and discover if this unique orthodontic treatment is right for you, don’t hesitate to contact Spillman Family Dental of Rockwall today!